Our comprehensive program for grades K-5.
- Kelso’s Choice Conflict Management Kit (4th Edition)
- Kelso Booster Curriculum Kit
- Kelso Counselor Activity Toolbox
A robust system with hundreds of pages of activities, over 40 lessons and a wealth of supporting games, reproducibles and more, this kit gives you everything you need to help students resolve conflict and thrive.
Kelso’s Choice Conflict Management Kit, our flagship program now in its 4th Edition, has been beloved by school counselors and children alike for over 25 years. Helping empower children to make good choices and solve conflict on their own, school administrators and counselors often find that discipline referrals are reduced dramatically when the Kelso system is implemented comprehensively and school-wide.
The Complete Kit gives you the tools to do just that.
Get off to a fast and simple start with the Kelso’s Choice Conflict Management Kit, which includes 23 comprehensive lessons, some tailored to children K-3 and others more specifically geared to the evolving sensibilities of 4th and 5th grade students. You get:
- DVD with vignettes putting Kelso’s Choices into action in a way children immediately understand
- Valuable Leader’s Guide with nearly 150 pages of material
- Over a dozen reinforcement activities
- Reproducible masters, including Parent Letter, Staff Letter, Personnel Scripts, and handy Kelso’s Wheels
- Colored Willow Pond Storybook
- Kelso and Lily puppets for acting out scenarios
- 5 piece K-3 poster set
- 5 piece Grade 4-5 poster set
This highly effective and time-tested conflict-management curriculum, intended for Grades K-5, is based on the premise that every child is capable of becoming a peacemaker.
The key concept of the Kelso’s Choices Curriculum are the Kelso’s Choices, a set of nine precepts that even young children can easily understand and internalize. By giving students a language with which to face and resolve conflict, Kelso’s Choices empower children to figure out what is a big problem they should take to an adult and what is a manageable problem they can handle themselves. Watch children take ownership, figure out how to share and diffuse situations and reduce tattling to virtually nil with Kelso’s Choices. Our handy Leader’s Guide gets you started implementing this powerful system starting on Day 1.
In addition to the core program, this bundle also provides you with:
The Kelso Booster Curriculum Kit
Designed for the counselor or teacher who wants to enrich children’s experiences with Kelso’s Choices, or for the school implementing hte curriculum across multiple grades over several years, the Kelso Booster Curriculum Kit gives you additional lessons, vignettes and games to keep the program fresh and relevant for years. You get:
- Additional (original) lessons tailored specifically to grades K-3 and 4-5
- New Teachers’ Guide over 100 pages long
- It’s Your Choice card game
- DVD with all-original scenarios for kids to see the choices in action
- Nearly a dozen all-new Reinforcement Activities
- Reproducible masters
- All-in-one Parents Night Presentation kit to encourage families to reinforce Kelso’s Choices at home
- Certificates and fun “Caught Using Kelso’s Choices” reproducible rewards
The Kelso Counselor Activity Toolbox
Ideal for small group counseling sessions, this action-oriented kit includes:
- All-new workbook filled with activities and crafts
- DVD with new, original vignettes
- Kelso’s “Hopping Home” Board Game – a student favorite!
- Parent letters to encourage involvement in implementing Kelso’s Choices
- Score sheets
- Reward charts
- Full-color Willow-Pond Storybook
This Complete Kit gives you a wealth of material with easy-to-follow instructions you can start using right away. And, as always, we stand behind our products, so feel free to call our Customer Service Department with questions any time!
Want to know more? Check out the Table of Contents for each of the kits:
To look at individual components, click below:
Kelso’s Choice Conflict Management Skills Kit 4th Edition (#GH4428)